Collection interfaces

Topmind topmind at technologist.com
Sun Mar 4 15:37:14 EST 2001

> In message <97m0c7080c at news2.newsguy.com>
>           "Alex Martelli" <aleaxit at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > there STILL is no silver bullet.
>
> Years back, I became aware to the treu reason why there is no silver
> bullet for programming, and why there can *never* be one. We're trying
> to kill the wrong monster.

One "trick" methodology never yet formalized is what I call
"Cult Oriented Programming". Find and hire only those
developers who have a certain affinity for a given language
or design methodology. IOW, the trick may be like-minded-ness
among developers rather than the magic-paradigm-for-all.

Developers who think differently often drive each other
bats. For example, I optimize my code to prevent the
kind of mistakes that *I* make. The things that throw
others may be completely different. I am real good at
some things and totally ditzy about others, and everybody
seems to be this way, but with a different set of tradeoffs.

Einstein often forgot to put is pants on in the morning (it
is sometimes claimed).

-tmind-