How do I get Win32 to locate DLLs elsewhere (not really a Python thing)?

Jason D. Smith jasonsmith at jps.net
Tue Mar 13 19:20:06 EST 2001

"Robin Dunn" <robin at alldunn.com> wrote in message
news:kHxr6.293$XlD.39518660 at news.randori.com...

| I don't remember the search order off the top of my head, but DLLs are
| normally searched for in the following locations:

>From the MSDN docs for LoadLibrary (Win's dlopen() analog)

--------------8<--------------8<--------------
  1.. The directory from which the application loaded.
  2.. The current directory.
  3.. Windows 95/98: The Windows system directory. Use the
GetSystemDirectory function to get the path of this directory.
  Windows NT/ 2000: The 32-bit Windows system directory. Use the
GetSystemDirectory function to get the path of this directory. The name of
this directory is SYSTEM32.

  4.. Windows NT/ 2000: The 16-bit Windows system directory. There is no
function that obtains the path of this directory, but it is searched. The
name of this directory is SYSTEM.
  5.. The Windows directory. Use the GetWindowsDirectory function to get the
path of this directory.
  6.. The directories that are listed in the PATH environment variable.
Jason.

--

 Hi.  I'm Bob.  I'm a tomato and I'm here to help you.