PEP 245: Python interfaces

Michel Pelletier michel at digicool.com
Fri Mar 23 02:02:35 EST 2001

Hi!

I'm the author of PEP 245, a framework and syntax for interface objects in
Python.

http://python.sourceforge.net/peps/pep-0245.html

It has just recently been made a PEP, and I'd like to solicite some more
input from the community (you).

For those of you who don't know the formal defintion of "interface", don't
worry (there isn't one!).  There are, however, a lot of agreed and
disagreed upon definitions out there in the world, and PEP 245 is one
particular take on the situation, based on pioneering work done by the
Type-sig and Jim Fulton over the last couple of years.

There is a Wiki (referenced in the PEP) for formal discussion and, of
course, this newsgroup, which I will hanging out in for the next few days
answering any questions about the proposal.

Thanks!

-Michel