looking for old python books

Louis Luangkesorn lluang at northwestern.edu
Mon Mar 12 10:12:49 EST 2001

Actually, there are several books online, and it really depends on what
level of programming skill you are at. Stephen Figgins has already
documented a number of documents on the internet which are freely
available for downloading.  It is on the O'Reilly web site and the blurb
says

Python Books Online
"Want to dive into Python or learn the basics of programming with
Python? Free and open online books make learning (or teaching) Python
easy and inexpensive."
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/python/2001/02/07/pythonnews.html

One introductory tutorial that is not here, nor on the python.org site
is
http://www.honors.montana.edu/~jjc/easytut/easytut/
or http://www.honors.montana.edu/~jjc/easytut/easytut.pdf

Of course, there are also the pages on the python.org web site,
http://www.python.org/doc/Intros.html, but these seem to be geared for
people who already know how to program, and they just need to get that
first step.

Last, on the Open Directory Project page, a number of tutorials are
listed:
http://search.netscape.com/Computers/Programming/Languages/Python/Documentation_and_Tutorials

Louis

--