How do I avoid the Tkinter 30 msec polling loop.

Paul Jackson pj at sgi.com
Sun Mar 18 03:32:08 EST 2001

Thanks for the useful Tkinter URL, David.  It led
me to some online docs I had missed.

One other detail of the after() documentation that
might be lacking.  I am quite unsure of this,
because I only saw it a couple times a few days
ago, when I was playing around with after() while
in the land of the blissful newbie, but it seemed
to me that Tkinter dumped core if I tried to
delay more than 4 seconds.

What is the intended limit, if any, of the 'ms'
parameter?
--
                          I won't rest till it's the best ...
                          Manager, Linux System Software