A counter-proposal to __future__ in PEP 236

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Thu Mar 1 11:48:43 EST 2001

Martin von Loewis wrote:

> I'd appreciate any comments as to whether this directive statement is
> better or worse for the purpose of indicating that nested scopes are
> used in a module.

I think it's much more explicit and appropriate to use a directive
statement than overload the meaning from the from...import... statement.

/  \ Who shall stand guard to the guards themselves?
\__/ Juvenal
    Official Omega page / http://www.alcyone.com/max/projects/omega/
 The official distribution page for the popular Roguelike, Omega.