Problems using python.sty to document a module

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
Mon Mar 12 06:25:35 EST 2001

I have been trying to document my new Sybase module using the
documentation tools which come with Python but have hit a problem.

When LaTeX hits the following line it falls over.

\declaremodule{extension}{_sybase}

The messages produced look like:
Chapter 2.
! Missing \endcsname inserted.
<to be read again>
                   \protect
l.8 \declaremodule{extension}{_sybase}

?
! Emergency stop.
<to be read again>
                   \protect
l.8 \declaremodule{extension}{_sybase}

!  ==> Fatal error occurred, the output PDF file not finished!
Transcript written on sybase.log.

If I remove the _ on the module name then it seems to work.  I have
tried escaping the _ with a \, but it still carks it.

Does anyone know how I can document a module which is named with a
leading underscore?  I would prefer not to have to rename the module.

- Dave

--
http://www.object-craft.com.au