Einstein's Riddle

Andreas Leitgeb Andreas.Leitgeb at siemens.at
Mon Mar 12 08:10:30 EST 2001

On Sun, 11 Mar 2001 18:49:56 GMT, Steve Graham <js.graham at home.com> wrote:
>Who would be interested in using his/her brain (and his computer) to solve
>the following?
>
>Einstein's Riddle
> [riddle's description snipped]

in Germany, there's a magazine called "PM", which has one riddle of
this structure in (almost) each issue. ("Logik Trainer")

based on this kind of riddles, I've created a  tcl/tk-prog, that
helps one solving it.

though, there are still two open problems:
  -) it is still possible to enter contradicting information.
      (this means, that not yet all logical consequences for
       each entered information are obtained - actually i have
       a clear idea of what's missing, but i haven't coded it)
  -) because Tk cannot yet write vertical texts,
      it is not possible to put label for the columns, which
      makes it tough to remember  what each column represents.
      Actually, I haven't even realized the horizontal row-labels, yet :-)

If someone is interested in this kind of riddles, then mail me.
(I for myself have declined from putting any further work into it, lately)