XML Module problems

Martin Skott martin.skott at propylon.com
Wed Mar 7 09:14:24 EST 2001

digitig at cix.co.uk (Tim Rowe) writes:

> That's what I have with my (ActiveState) 2.0 installation.
> xml.parsers.expat is very like pyexpat but with some subtle differences
> that make the name change appropriate (for example, IIRC expat returns
> attributes as a dictionary rather that pyexpat's list -- expat's version
> makes much more sense to me). You might also want to look at pyxie which
> will niftily dynamically bind members calls to element names -- I'm sure
> Sean will turn up with a URL in a moment, but a Google search finds it
> easily enough.

Sean isn't currently reading newsgroups, but I hope my answer will do
:-) http://www.pyxie.org is the site for Pyxie. You should however be
aware that some changes in later editions of pyexpat breaks pyxie. The
PythonXML rpm on the "XML Processing with Python" companion CD works
fine however.

--
Martin Skott
Software Developer