Can anyone recomend a good intoduction to C...

Mats Wichmann xyzmats at laplaza.org
Mon Mar 5 09:42:16 EST 2001

On Mon, 5 Mar 2001 10:14:35 -0000, "Simon Brunning"
<sbrunning at trisystems.co.uk> wrote:

>... for a Python programmer?
>
>I'm going to have to bite the bullet and learn a bit of C. I'd at
>least like to learn the *right* way to do it.

My advice is similar to the one that gets given to prospective Python
programmers:  start with the source - K&R (Kernighan & Ritchie). It's
kind of similar to the Python tutorial in ways: concise but completely
to the point, from people who know why the language was written that
way. This is what everyone learned the language from in the early
days. Stay away from those 1000-page doorstops with CDroms included.

Mats Wichmann

(Anti-spam stuff: to reply remove the "xyz" from the
address xyzmats at laplaza.org. Not that it helps much...)