warrior geeks

Jonathan Soons jsoons at juilliard.edu
Tue Mar 27 10:26:13 EST 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: Delaney, Timothy [mailto:tdelaney at avaya.com]
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2001 7:16 PM
To: python-list at python.org
Subject: RE: warrior geeks

> What are you?  Some kind of Commie?  Guns form the very foundation of
> the Pax Americana that gives you the freedom to use Python.

I hope there was a <wink> there that I missed ...

 My father had a .22 bolt-action rifle when we
lived in the country for shooting foxes - it was kept in 3 pieces in various
parts of the house. Getting the bullets required taking a whole pile of
stuff out of the pantry, taking up a board in the floor and reaching down to
the bottom of a hole which an adult could only just reach.

This is irresponsible. What if a fox happens along?
After seeing many grown men get their throats ripped out by foxes
we keep a Kalashnikov (in fully auto with the safety off) propped
outside the front door.