Functionalism, aesthetics Was:(RE: I come to praise .join, not

Russell E. Owen owen at astrono.junkwashington.emu
Tue Mar 20 13:38:27 EST 2001

I completely agree. There is some elitism from some of the cognoscenti.
And the pace of change is fast enough now that I think some ugly stuff
is getting into the language despite the protests.

Having said that, I hasten to add that I am not part of the Python
development team, but rather one of unwashed and sometimes-squashed
masses. I hope someday to make a contribution, but for now, I'm a user.
Hence there's only so much complaining one can do productively. I'm glad
there are folks who care enough and are willing to put the time into
maintaining the language.

-- Russell