Collection interfaces

Troy Brumley t*b*r*u*m*l*e*y at f*u*s*e.n*e*t
Sat Mar 24 20:38:36 EST 2001

in article 61bv6.8693$P4.676800 at newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net, topmind at
topmind at technologist.com wrote on 3/24/01 7:33 PM:

> "James A. Robertson" <jarober at mail.com> wrote in message
> news:3AB8A730.4BE13D22 at mail.com...

>>> I only see a front page, not a parsing example.
>>>

>> Follow the tutorial link - it's right there on that page.
>>

> I cannot find any "tutorial" link.

This may be a victim of putting the site up on the in development "web
works" system. This part of our site is now powered by Smalltalk.

http://www.cincom.com:80/scripts/smalltalk.exe/gettingstarted/index.asp?cont
ent=trysmalltalknc

Pardon the word wrapping my news client does. There's no spaces in the
above.

That should get you to a place where you can download the lesson browser
(thanks again to Mark Windholtz, great job!) and the tutorial (thanks to Jim
F. as well).

> Perhaps you are afraid that if you give me the full tutorial link, you
> will have to expose to the world the FACT that the site runs on
> Microsoft ASP VSscript instead of Smalltalk?

Naw. Jim isn't afraid of anything. At least, nothing on Usenet!

Me either :)

The rest of the Cincom site, and the old Smalltalk portion of the site, does
indeed not run on Smalltalk. We'll get it all moved over eventually :)

Heck, my own business unit, which is very into VisualWave, understands that
we have to use JavaScript on our pages to drive the browsers. There's
nothing wrong with being multi-lingual.

> Do Chevy salesmen drive Fords?

Some do. I work for Cincom and use both our Smalltalk products, I actually
prefer ObjectStudio when I'm doing Windows specific work, but I also have
Squeak and Dolphin around and have experimented with both.