Java guy interested in Python

phys137 at mailcity.com phys137 at mailcity.com
Sun Mar 4 23:09:29 EST 2001

personally for me the most useful features were the ones related to list processing.

List comprehensions and (limited) lambdas allow you to write one line instead of 10 - and debug much less.

Otherwise Java platform has a lot of things that Python doesn't (like language-defined multithreading, platform defined 3D graphics etc.)

Still, Python syntax allows for many less lines of code in many situations. And that's important. Also, it is scripting - you don't have to bother with type declarations.