[ANNOUNCE] pyAda, first public release

Terry Westley twestley at buffalo.veridian.com
Thu Mar 1 14:36:58 EST 2001

Gerhard Häring <gerhard.nospam at bigfoot.de> wrote in message
news:3A9DB9E1.8DD0E36D at bigfoot.de...
> I am glad that I can finally announce a first version of pyAda. As the
> name implies, it's an Ada 95 binding to the Python interpreter. With
> pyAda, you can write Python extensions in Ada 95, and, much more
> important, you can also embed a Python interpreter in your Ada
> applications. The current release is far from finished, but the thin
> binding works already quite well for me. The thin binding is a
> one-to-one mapping of the Python -> C interface.
>
> website:  http://pyada.sourceforge.net
> release:  http://download.sourceforge.net/pyada/pyAda-2001-03-01.tar.gz
> docs:     included in release

Congratulations.  Certainly Python is getting a lot of attention and
to have an Ada binding is great.

If/when you want to create a thick binding, take a look at the latest
version of TASH and its thick binding for some ideas.  You can
either download and try it from http://www.adatcl.com or read the
thick binding tutorial that I've started on the mailing list: