tempfile problem on win98

Steven Adams quickdry at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 23 09:43:39 EST 2001

"Emile van Sebille" <emile at fenx.com> wrote in message
news:99d0dg$os92$1 at ID-11957.news.dfncis.de...
> The mktemp routine guarantees to return a name unique in the target
> directory.  Are you sure you're using fully qualified path names
throughout
> when subsequently discovering duplicate files?
>
> Emile van Sebille
> emile at fenx.com

ugh, I feel dumb, thats exactly the problem Emile, the file was
getting an extension added and so it wasn't actually unique, is there
a way to have a suffix included in the calculation of the filename
instead of the prefix?

thanks for opening my eyes to the glaringly obvious :-)

Steven