Tkinter Problem

O'Rourke Clodagh-corour01 corour01 at motorola.com
Tue Mar 20 12:47:56 EST 2001

Hi all,

I hope someone can help me because this problem is driving me mad.....

I am creating a GUI system in Python.

Each window is a class and launches ok on it's own.

Classes:	AuditResync.py*   GuiSelection.py*  System.py* Cell.py*  InitialWin.py*   EnvVar.py*

There is one Initial selection window (InitialWin.py) which contains several button each of which destroys the current window and launches a new one whcih is an instance of one of the other 4 classes.

	 	self.destroy()
		<CLASSNAME>(self.parent)

I am getting a NameError (below) even though the classes does exist and launch perfectly as a stand-alone.   I have imported imported thef iles I am trying to access too.  The first instance created of a window launches fine and when I replace that with another window everything is still fine.  However if I go back to a window that I had already visited then this is where the error arises.

Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/usr/vob/omc_reference/ThirdParty/scriptSources/lib/python1.5/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 764, in __call__
    return apply(self.func, args)
  File "AuditResync.py", line 54, in newGui
    GuiSelection(self.parent)
NameError: GuiSelection

Has anyone else had any similar errors or knows of any possible causes?

Thanks a lot,
Clodagh O' Rourke