Text printing under Windows

Werner Schiendl ws-news at gmx.at
Thu Mar 22 10:50:04 EST 2001

I think you can just open the file 'LPT1' and write your data there, but not
sure about that - do not have a printer connected which I could use to try.
You probably need to open the device with Windows' CreateFile() API
function, provided by the win32file module in Python.

Another possibility is to dump the data to a text file and print it with
notepad.exe (it has an option /p to just print and exit...).

One more possibility is to use the ShellExecute(Ex) APIs, using 'print' as
the verb for that file (it must be a textfile (*.txt) for that to work)

hth
werner

news:slrn9bk130.10l.ego at macondo.visconti.home...