from Tkinter import *

David Porter jcm at bigskytel.com
Tue Mar 6 19:05:56 EST 2001

* Timothy Grant <tjg at exceptionalminds.com>:

> With all the discussion around here recently about the
>
> from foo import *
>
> idiom, I thought I'd ask about Tkinter. All of Fredrik's
> examples in his guide on Tkinter use
>
> from Tkinter import *
>
> Now, I'm aware that the effbot is never wrong about
> anything<wink>, but is it safe to assume that I should not be
> using the above idiom, but the import Tkinter idiom instead?

I don't recall reading any statements to that effect. Have you seen him use
it outside of the module scope (such as in a function)? The Language Ref
forbids doing that, and the addition of nested scopes further complicates
things. None of this would indicate that you shouldn't use the above idiom
at the module scope though (which is how I see it used).

David