ANNOUNCE Mailman 2.0.3

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Mon Mar 12 21:51:10 EST 2001

On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 12:05:06AM +0000, Robin Becker wrote:
> In article <mailman.984437116.20063.python-list at python.org>, Barry A.
> Warsaw <barry at digicool.com> writes

> >I've just announced the 2.0.3 release of Mailman, the GNU Mailing List
> >Manager.  Mailman is released under the GNU General Public License
> >(GPL).
> >
> >I highly recommend that all sites running earlier versions of Mailman
> >upgrade to 2.0.3.  This release includes the important privacy patch
> >from Mailman 2.0.2.  Sadly, Mailman 2.0.2 contained a small but nasty
> >typo requiring this new version.  Mailman 2.0.3 is being released as
> >both a gzip'd source tarball and as a patchfile.

> thanks, I've just installed 2.0.2 and set up my first list. It's not a
> problem for me now, but is it easy to install over an existing
> installation?

Dead easy. You can even hand-patch your 2.0.2 installation if you wish to do
so. Still, patching your source tree and then running 'make install' does
all that is required, and even if something other than a few modules were
changed (like the format of the config.db), 'make install' would handle it.

Just patch, 'make', 'make install' and all should be fine. Making a backup
first is always a good idea, of course, but shouldn't be necessary <cross
fingers> :)

Crossing-fingers-is-what-caused-the-typo-in-the-first-place-ly y'rs,
--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>