Insertin **keywords into a class

Ken Seehof kens at sightreader.com
Tue Mar 20 14:24:36 EST 2001

Use setattr().

You are confusing an attribute with an attribute name (a string).

Each time through the loop you are assigning to the attribute 'kw' rather
than
the attribute whose name is the value of kw.

def __init__(self, *arguments, **keywords):
      self.radius = 0.0
      for kw in keywords.keys():
         print kw, ":", keywords[kw]
         setattr(self, kw, keywords[kw])
      print "self.radius =", self.radius

or simply...

def __init__(self, *arguments, **keywords):
      self.__dict__.update(keywords)