setjmp.h

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Wed Mar 7 17:30:07 EST 2001

On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 10:25:04AM -0800, Bob Purvy wrote:

> I'm trying to port Python 2.0 to pSOS (yes, that's just our little cross
> to bear here!).  I hit a roadblock with pypcre.c:  it seems to require
> long jumps, and there is no way to configure that out.  I'm still
> checking whether it's possible for us to enable them in our software,
> but we definitely don't have them right now.

> Is there any way around this requirement?  Maybe an earlier version of
> Python?

You can probably disable the pre module altogether, which would avoid the
use of pypcre.c. Python 2.0 comes with two regular expression engines, 'pre'
for the old, Perl Compatible Regular Expression Engine, and 'sre' for the
new, unicode aware, much more flexible Secret Labs Regular Expressions
Engine. 'sre' is the default, but 'pre' is still around for backward
compatiblity.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>