Magnitude of the wx* market (was: Python In A Nutshell - suggestions)

Tim Rowe digitig at cix.co.uk
Wed Mar 14 19:42:00 EST 2001

In article
<A909AD29CBD32AFC.4F1641C135749F87.7149617C7C166896 at lp.airnews.net>,
claird at starbase.neosoft.com (Cameron Laird) wrote:

> In article <3AAA4FE3.B471B689 at northwestern.edu>,
> Louis Luangkesorn  <lluang at northwestern.edu> wrote:
> 			.
> >And while I'm at it, one useful book to have would be on
> wxWindows/wxPython.  I see references to it in several places, and a
> few intros on the web, but
> 			.
> 			.
> 			.
> This is an interesting point.  It's typical in computer
> book publishing that publishers want more than authors
> can produce; roughly, someone like ORA would happily
> print many more titles than they can find authors willing
> and able to write.
>
> I happen to know, though, that several publishers have
> rejected wxWindows proposals.
>
> I doubt, though, that there'd be much trouble making the
> case that the subject deserves a chapter in a larger work.

And the larger work in question is "Python Programming on Win32" by Mark
Hammond & Andy Robinson, already published by ORA, so I doubt they'd be
particularly interested in another! It doesn't have full documentation of
the wxPython classes, though, just a tutorial introduction. Maybe the way
to go is to get them to extend it in the next edition?