learning C

Werner Schiendl ws-news at gmx.at
Thu Mar 8 05:26:19 EST 2001

D-Man <dsh8290 at rit.edu> wrote in message
> On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 12:32:47AM +0000, Remco Gerlich wrote:
> | Werner Schiendl <ws-news at gmx.at> wrote in comp.lang.python:
> | > If it is not obsolete, it should be at least considered deprecated for
new
> | > projects.
> |
> | A baseless statement. There are many types of project for which C is
still
> | the best choice. For one thing, think embedded systems.
>
> C does have it strong points.  After all, python is essentially a C
> program.

And it will compile with a C++ compiler, I think this is in fact done.
At least on Windows, where the MS-DEV environment is used, AFAIK.

So I think, in common use C++ _did_ already replace C, whether you use the
new features or not.
Some platforms even allow C++ statements in Files ending in .c.
Otherwise the same compiler is used, just with some internal things disabled
to make it appear C.