Bug in Py_Finalize() ?

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Sat Mar 3 04:54:01 EST 2001

[Owen F. Ransen, getting
    Fatal Python error: UNREF invalid object
 when running
    for (UINT i = 0 ; i < 10 ; i++) {
        Py_Initialize();
        Py_Finalize() ;
    }
]

[Tim]
> Please try this again with the lastest CVS version, or pick up
> 2.1b1 (we'll be releasing that later today).  Something "very much like
> this" got fixed last month; ...

[Owen]
> Thanks for the pointer.
>
> Now I am going to reveal my ignorance, what does CVS stand for?

The latest development version of the Python source code is maintained under
CVS-- a popular source-control system --and available to the public at
SourceForge.  Doesn't matter unless you're willing to compile Python from
source.  Else pick up a 2.1b1 installer (you said you were running on
Windows) and just try it:

    http://www.python.org/2.1/

You didn't give a complete program so it's impossible for me to say whether
your problem is fixed.  I did put your loop in an extension module and
boosted the loop limit to 1000.  No problem under Windows Python 2.1b1, under
either release or debug builds.