[ Cry for help ] Please bugtest my full-text indexer

Thomas Weholt thomas at cintra.no
Tue Mar 6 09:11:57 EST 2001

Hi,

Just finished my own full-text indexer which is easy to use and seem to be
quite fast. BUT, when tested against a lot of data, my archive of RFCs, the
thing croaked after inserting approx. 500.000 keys ( size of data stored was
~40 MB ), giving me an error-message from the bsddb-module, (0,'error').

I'm terribly sorry for posting this, with attachments and all, but I need
this one to work with HUGE amounts of data. Please let me know if there are
anything I can do.

The module works fine for smaller amounts of data and it's the easiest
full-text indexer I've seen in Python so far ( ok, so I'm biased ;-> ) and
it could be useful for other folks here too.

The module is located here
http://download.sourceforge.net/snipthis/hsindexer.zip

Best regards,
Thomas Weholt