Problems writting a wrapper around linux' ssh command

gradha at iname.com gradha at iname.com
Sat Mar 10 17:36:41 EST 2001

Gregory Jorgensen <gregj at pobox.com> wrote:
> ssh explicitly opens /dev/tty to read the password, so it's not looking on stdin
> (see the readpass.c file in your ssh sources). In a normal terminal session
> stdin is mapped to /dev/tty, but a child process started with popen2 will have
> stdin mapped to the Popen3.tochild file descriptor. Can you use one of the other
> secure authentication methods ssh supports?

Er... I am new to ssh, so I don't even know what other methods there are...
So far, I want to write a wrapper on top of sitecopy (a program which allows
updating remote web sites through ftp) using ssh and scp to upload files
and make directory modifications. If there's any other way of doing this,
any help is very welcome. The only restriction is that the program I write
from commandline or in background, accepts password only once, and logs
everything to files, so I thought wrapping around ssh and scp would be the
easiest way.

--

 Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz   gradha at iname.com - http://gradha.infierno.org
 Other web pages:  http://glub.ehu.es/  -  http://welcome.to/gogosoftware/