gah! I hate the new string syntax

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Wed Mar 7 21:30:10 EST 2001

"D-Man" <dsh8290 at rit.edu> wrote in message
> On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 07:15:48PM -0500, Steve Holden wrote:
> | "D-Man" <dsh8290 at rit.edu> wrote in message
> | news:mailman.983997252.5628.python-list at python.org...
> | > On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 03:19:05PM -0500, Steve Holden wrote:
> | [ ... ]
> | >
> | > What about one who is both English and Scots, yet never set foot on
> | > that island ;-)?
> | >
> | No such animal!
>
> Oh.  Am I a bot too?  If so I must find a new maintainer so I can
> match the intelligence of the other bots on the list.

Well, that would be nice, but I digress. ;-)

By "that island" I presume you refer to Great Britain?

Either you were born in England, or you were born in Scotland, or you are
neither English nor a Scot. Part-either-or-both, maybe, but not fully
either.

Or perhaps you were born on the border, and carried away before you could
walk?

Or maybe you just have no feet?!?

regards
 Steve