Editing Python source as XML?

Steven Haryanto steven at haryan.to
Fri Mar 2 10:27:58 EST 2001

A recent experience of having to modify a long C source file has
led me to wonder whether there are any tool/effort towards editing
Python source code as XML or other form of structured document.

What I would like is an editor that presents the source file as a
tree outline, where I can collapse selected class or function
definition body, certain long if's/for's, some section of code,
view/hide the asserts, etc. So then I only have to deal with the
section I am concentrating with and don't have look at other
distracting parts (especially in C with all those #ifdef/#endif's,
argh...).

I visited conglomerate.org some months ago, and it seems the
project has been abandoned.

Thanks,
Steve