static methods

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Sat Mar 24 11:38:12 EST 2001

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001 16:51:10 -0500 (EST), Clark C. Evans <cce at clarkevans.com> wrote:

>I was wondering if there is any rationale as to why
>Python classes do not have static methods?

What's a "static method?"  I assume it's some C++ contrivance?

After using Modula-3 and Smalltalk, I tried to learn C++ once.
It was mind boggling.  When I got to "virtual" methods, I just
shook my head and gave up.  Apparently in C++ you have to know
ahead of time what methods somebody might want to override at
some point in the future.  Bizarre.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I hope I
                                  at               bought the right