gah! I hate the new string syntax

D-Man dsh8290 at rit.edu
Thu Mar 8 09:52:38 EST 2001

On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 06:51:07PM +1300, Paul Foley wrote:
| On Wed, 7 Mar 2001 15:33:30 -0500, D-Man  wrote:
|
| > What about one who is both English and Scots, yet never set foot on
| > that island ;-)?
|
| AFAIK, nobody outside the US would admit the existence of such a
| thing.  The American habit of calling themselves "Irish" or "Italian"
| or whatever when they're not is *very* strange.  I've never heard
| anything like it anywhere else.

Heh.  Maybe Americans are very odd.  Wouldn't surprise me at all.  ;-)
I was born in America and have lived in America all my life.  I do
have English, Scots, Irish and Welsh ancestry though.  One could argue
that I am not really American since none of my ancestors came from
America.  "Real" Americans would be the so-called "Indians", or more
appropriately "Native Americans".  (Also Aztecs, Inca, etc., and their
descendants such as the Quiche)

-D