Can anyone recomend a good intoduction to C...

Werner Schiendl ws-news at gmx.at
Mon Mar 12 05:51:14 EST 2001

The string module and methods are a perfect example that it is somewhat hard
to have _only_ one passibility of doing things.
What is perfectly fine and state-of-the-art today will probably look poor
and old fashioned in some years.

But I agree that there should be at least one _obvius_and_easy_ way to
perform every task.

regards
werner

Tim Peters <tim.one at home.com> wrote in message
> [Werner Schiendl]
> > What's TMTOWTDI, please?
>
> [François Granger]
> > There is More Than One Way To Do It
> >
> > which is a Perl motto as far as I know.
>
> Right!  My automobile license plate reads
>
>     TOOWTDI
>
> Honest.  I will know that my work on Python is finally complete when the
> average American looks at my license plate and nods in silent agreement.
I'm