Setting sleep interval less than 10 mS on a Linux PC?

David Lees DavidlNo at spammyraqia.com
Wed Mar 28 13:28:01 EST 2001

I suspect this is a system question, but I will ask anyway.  I am using
the Python sleep method (time.sleep) and on a PC running RedHat 7.0
Linux,  it has a 10 millisecond lower limit.  Below that it still wakes
up every 10 milliseconds, regardless of the argument.  I gather from a
little reading, that 10 mS is the default miniumumlinux sleep interval.
Is there a way from Python to set this to a shorter interval (1 mS would
be nice), without recompiling the linux kernel?

david lees