Threading legality/morality

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Sat Mar 31 17:08:11 EST 2001

In article <9a2r6n$mlq$1 at troll.powertech.no>,
Syver Enstad <syver at NOSPAMcyberwatcher.com> wrote:

>I have a confession to make here. It seems that this behaviour is a feature
>rather than a bug and has to do with the os rather than the app or python
>itself for that matter. (Inserts foot in mouth).
>
>If you click the mouse in the client area of a console window, the os
>freezes the application running there until you press a key. I guess it's
>for the convenience of copying text off of the console but it sure tripped
>me up.

Oh, that one.  Forgot about it.  Change your CMD preferences to not allow
one-click select.  (I'd be more precise, but I don't have access to NT
anymore.)

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het Pythonista   http://www.rahul.net/aahz/
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"I put people on my humor list as a form of revenge, you realize."  --SJM