How to set PYTHONHOME ???

Sheila King sheila at spamcop.net
Mon Mar 26 08:56:45 EST 2001

On Mon, 26 Mar 2001 12:25:55 +0100, Philippe Rodriguez
<Philippe_Rodriguez at bevoux.grenoble.hp.com> wrote in comp.lang.python in
article <3ABF2743.ED5904F2 at bevoux.grenoble.hp.com>:

:I'm running Python 1.6 on hpux 10.20. I got the standard depot binary
:release.
:
:Each time I'm trying to run Python, I have the following message :
:---
:Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
:Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
:---
:I have set this to every conceivable option I can think of, but it still
:complains.
:The program seems to be OK, but my tool which use python runs a cron
:every minutes
: ans so I'm receiving a message every minute ... boring !

Yes, I have seen this error. It seems that the install is looking for files in
a place where you do not have them. While the best solution is a reinstall, if
you cannot do that, there is also a way to set the Python Path.

This link
http://www.aota.net/ubb/Forum3/HTML/001564-1.html

leads to a discussion board where I was seeking help, and also has links to
other places where I went for help.

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/