cursor.execute fails under mxODBC

Rob Earl donotreply at interbulletin.bogus
Thu Mar 8 13:46:12 EST 2001

"Steve Holden" <sholden at holdenweb.com> wrote in article
<tUzp6.29925$ML1.1507874 at e420r-atl2.usenetserver.com> :
><bill_tolbert at bigfoot.com> wrote in message
>news:mailman.983993842.26448.python-list at python.org...
>> I just upgraded to the latest version of mxODBC. Calling execute on a
>> cursor object is hosing python. This code worked perfectly under 1.5.1
>> and version 1.1.1 of mxODBC.
>>
>> Having trouble on both Win98 and Win2000.
>>
>> I can stay on windows, so I'm gonna give ADO a try, but I'd still like
>> to know what's going on.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Bill
>>
>So would we! What error messages are you seeing, form what code?
>
>regadrs
> Steve

I have experienced something very similiar.  On my system running Windows 2000 the execute on a cursor object never completes.  Instead python takes 100% of the CPU and just sits there.  I haven't been able to find any logs that might help, but maybe I'm not looking in the right place.  Could you tell me where I should look?  Also, just so you are aware I'm using ActivePython not just the regular Python.

Thanks,
Rob