CGI & Python (error)

Colin Meeks colinmeeks at home.com
Fri Mar 2 08:35:17 EST 2001

> When accessing  the  script I get the error:
>
> File "getdate2.py", line 12, in ?
>     day=form["day"].value
>   File "/usr/lib/python1.5/cgi.py", line 907, in __getitem__
>     raise KeyError, key
> KeyError: day
>
> The script works from the command line.
>
> My problems is:  the script I am trying to run is based on another one.
> This other script works. I can't  figure out the what is causing the
problem
> as the 2 scripts are identical  in every aspect execpt for 1 variable.
Both
> scripts are run in a page which has all the required parameters passed to
it.
> Help. Please...
If this is what I think it is (sorry it's not immediately clear), but when I
try
to parse anything from CGI, if nothing is entered in one of the boxes, this
seems to be especially for radio buttons, then the variable isn't
initialised.

The thing I always do is something like

try:
    day=form["day"].value
except:
    day=1 #or what ever you want the day variable initialised as

I hope this is of some help.

Regards

Colin