tokenizer.c crashes in 2.1b1

Ben Hutchings ben.hutchings at roundpoint.com
Tue Mar 6 15:54:06 EST 2001

ransen_spam_me_not at nemo.it (Owen F. Ransen) writes:

> Embedding Python 2.1b1 I recreated the DLL and LIB from
> the sources, VC6 , and any call to PyRun_SimpleFile still
> crashes.
>
> The debugger points to the guilty party:
>
> tokenizer.c, the fgets call at line 247 fails.
>
> My VC project uses Multithreaded Debug compiler settings,
> as does the Pythoncore project.
<snip>

Multithreaded Debug, or Multithreaded Debug *DLL*?  It sounds like you
picked the former, when you want the latter.  Linking with a static
run-time library tends to (but doesn't always) lead to disaster under
Windows.

--
Any opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of Roundpoint.