Where are the examples/samples?

LMHAMRIC lmhamric at aol.com
Fri Mar 30 02:13:22 EST 2001

After looking at every Python book in the local bookstore and at every
Python-related site I could find on the Internet I have to admit that I'm
perplexed. I've seen a number of posts that have asked for examples of various
things and when I follow the links - where are the examples? Lots of theory,
lots computer-science indulgence, but no examples. Most recently tried to get
started on using BaseHTMLProcessor.py (or HTMLLIB or SGMLIB or whatever) and an
example called dialect.py was given to illustrate its use. The latter
translates things into Pig Latin, among other things! I can't tell what part of
it involves HTML and what part is just fooling around with something else. Does
anyone know of examples anywhere that illustrate usage at a bare bones level
where you can simply see how the interfaces work? I suspect that learning
Python would go a lot better if one could skip the theoretical stuff and simply
get on wiht working examples. You can come back and pick up the theory later.
Anyhow, if anyone else sees this as a problem and has found an answer then I'd
appreciate hearing what it is.