How to increase PythonWin v2.0: COM browser limits?

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 20 01:45:07 EST 2001

"Twan van der Schoot" <twanvds at xs4all.nl> wrote in message
news:996flh$e9m$1 at news1.xs4all.nl...
> thanks,
>
> But I think it is strange that nobody else seems to have the problem,
wonder
> if anybody uses the COM facilities in Pythonwin.

I do, but I've switched to using makepy directly more often than the 'COM
browser'.  Having a zillion COM servers installed tends to give problems to
all utility programs that try to grep throughout the registry for registered
COM servers -- e.g., Microsoft's excellent "OleView" (comes with VC++ and
can also be downloaded for free in the platform SDK) regularly gives me
runtime errors when trying to list "all" servers of certain kinds.  Maybe I
should procure and regularly run registry-cleaning programs...!-)

Alex