gah! I hate the new string syntax

D. Michael McFarland mcfarlan at neca.com
Sat Mar 3 16:37:30 EST 2001

"Steve Holden" <sholden at holdenweb.com> writes:

> Lest people might think this is intended as criticism rather than humo(u)r,
> I hasten to add that I lived in Scotland for three years before moving to
> the USA, and found the Scots to be extraordinarily warm and generous people.

Well, sure, after my ancestors left at sword-point.  We go back for a
visit from time to time, though, so be careful.

> So, for the record, they don't get their mathmatics degrees until fourth
> grade in Scotland.

Ah, maybe that's why they left---impatience with the educational
system.  I've never believed great-great-granddad would have backed
down from a mere pointy stick.

This is the most fun I've had with Python strings since the Great
Objectification Debates began.

Cheerfully yours,
Michael

--
    D. Michael McFarland   <mcfarlan at caber-eng.com>
    Caber Engineering, Inc., Storrs, Connecticut