Can anyone recomend a good intoduction to C...

Werner Schiendl ws-news at gmx.at
Tue Mar 6 08:58:21 EST 2001

If you have a good reason to choose C over C++, take the K&R book the others
recommend.

Otherwise you should consider going straight to C++.
This will save you hours of headache with C memory stuff, string handling,
and so on.

To get an good introduction to C++ for an programmer, I would recommend to
have a look at
http://www.bruceeckel.com/

and look up his free electronic book "Thinking in C++"
the printed edition is accompanied with a CD rom that teaches C (the subset
used with C++) from ground up
but there is also a chapter in the online book that does a good job if you
are well familiar with Python

hth
Werner

p. s. forget anything about that tells you C++ is too difficult to get in
one step... its wrong ;-)

news:3aa366c6_2 at nnrp1.news.uk.psi.net...