sql query results to xml

Uche Ogbuji uche at ogbuji.net
Sun Mar 11 20:19:07 EST 2001

Scott Hathaway wrote:

> I want to create a tool that will take a valid SQL query and return the
> results as valid xml.  Before I reinvent the wheel, is there a python class
> or code snippet that someone has that does this already?

Not that I know of.  Are you planning to use the syntax from Oracle's
XSQL, or DB2's XML Extender, or any of the other hundreds of formats
available (see

http://www.linuxworld.com/lw-2001-02/lw-02-xml3databases.html

)

But all that is just to point out that you probably don't have to
reinvent a resultant XML format.  A Python implementation for one of the
existing formats would be great.  Please make sure to mention it to the
Python XML SIG if you do it.

--
Uche Ogbuji
Personal:   uche at ogbuji.net		http://uche.ogbuji.net