[Distutils] Re: CPAN functionality for python - requirements

Tony J Ibbs (Tibs) tony at lsl.co.uk
Thu Mar 1 08:30:09 EST 2001

John Lee grumbled about a lack of documentation for distutils, and
Thomas Heller replied:
> I wrote some docs. They are online already in Fred Drake's development
> version:
> http://python.sourceforge.net/devel-docs/

Erm - all I can see there that sound at all relevant are "Distributing
Python Modules" and "Installing Python Modules", both credited to Greg
Ward, and both in that <rant>infernally infuriating "one smidgeon of
text per HTML page" format (which is worse than useless, so far as I'm
concerned!)[1]</rant>.

Could you give a clearer reference, please?

..[1] or am I missing some (undocumented) trick of the trade which will
lead me to whole documents?

Tibs

Give a pedant an inch and they'll take 25.4mm
(once they've established you're talking a post-1959 inch, of course)