Good Editor? (What's the big deal with syntax colouring?)

Courageous jkraska1 at san.rr.com
Sat Mar 24 00:12:15 EST 2001

>    Don't do much coding in the dark, do you?

Actually, no. I always turn the lights on. I hate dark rooms. They
depress me.

> Paper is reflective, a monitor is projective.

While indeed what you say is true, it's not all that relevant. For example,
outdoors, in the sun, paper can be quite blinding. I'd say that it's the
intensity of the light coming from the surface without regard to its source
that really matters.

Personally, my monitor doesn't blind me. It's very sharp (a ViewSonic 17
original, analogous to the professional series), and is quite a bit better
than reading a naked piece of paper under direct sunlight, let me assure
you.

:)

C//