newbie question

Moshe Zadka moshez at zadka.site.co.il
Fri Mar 23 14:16:14 EST 2001

On 23 Mar 2001, claird at starbase.neosoft.com (Cameron Laird) wrote:

<snipped a lot of wise things about CGI and Apache>
> That's a lot more exciting
> for them than hearing that, with a mere week or two of
> study, they can install Zope on their own.

That's pure FUD. Zope takes <depending on your internet connection> time
to install, about 5 minutes to compile and 30 seconds to startup. And
using it is not necessarily harder then learning CGI. I'm only mentioning
it because "Zope is hard" seems to be a commonly uttered phrase, one that
I believed until I actually had to get a Zope server up and running.

Hooking up Zope to Apache (say, with reverse proxying) is very easy, though
it does use some Apache configuration knowledge. This can all be learned
in a day, and anyone seriously using Apache needs to know about this
stuff.
--
"I'll be ex-DPL soon anyway so I'm        |LUKE: Is Perl better than Python?
looking for someplace else to grab power."|YODA: No...no... no. Quicker,