Cameron Laird Quote on www.unixinsider.com -- Probably old news to y'all, but new to me.

Larry Smith larry at smith-house.org
Thu Mar 15 11:44:17 EST 2001

"Paul T. Miller" wrote (quoting Cameron Laird):

> I love Python. I especially love it as an embedded scripting language.
> But it is not going to replace graphics applications where speed is
> paramount.

Until, of course, we have speed to burn.  When we hit the
limit on single CPU systems, it will not be long before
the industry begins to seriously tackle multi-CPU systems.
In which case the above statement will eventually be some
permutation of:

I love Python.  I especially love it as a embedded scripting
language for raytracing and textures.  But it is not going
to replace genetic permutation and world simulation where
speed is paramount.

--
 .-.    .-. .---. .---. .-..-. | Do not mistake  my cynicism
 `----'`-^-'`-'`-'`-'`-' `-'   | me is an  optimist  forever
  http://www.smith-house.org/  | asking, "Why not?"