Problem stopping Tkinter apps

David Fuess fuess at att.net
Sat Mar 31 10:31:28 EST 2001

I am building Tkinter applications on W2K using ActivePython2.0 and
Tcl 8.3.2 with Pmw wigets. The problem is that if I try to exit the
program using a button handler I get an error. I have tried both
'sys.exit(0)' and 'root.quit()' in the button handler. In both cases I
often get the error:

pythonw.exe - Application Error, The instruction at "0x01744727"
referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".

This never happens if I close the application using the X in the
window decorations.

Dave