I come to praise .join, not to bury it...

Timothy Grant tjg at exceptionalminds.com
Fri Mar 16 17:19:33 EST 2001

On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 09:28:40PM +0000, Garry Hodgson wrote:
> "John W. Baxter" wrote:
>
> > I came to Python (and dragged my company along) by way of a flooded
> > Tower Books store [Bellevue, WA].  They had a [slightly] water damaged
> > "Programming Python" on the shelf at something like 60% off as part of
> > their flood sale.  [The bottoms of most of the pages are still stained
> > and oddly curled.]
>
> you might want to arrange for another flood.  the 2nd edition
> is out, effectively a whole new book, and it looks to be
> *really* good.

Can you clarify this?

Is it really a new book? While I learned much from the first
edition, it was *so* poorly organized that I didn't learn as
much as I should have been able too.

If it has been completely changed, I will take another look and
send some more money to ORA.

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.

Timothy Grant                         tjg at exceptionalminds.com
Red Hat Certified Engineer            www.exceptionalminds.com
Avalon Technology Group, Inc.         <><       (503) 246-3630