Simple regex that has me banging my head against a wall

Timothy Grant tjg at exceptionalminds.com
Wed Mar 21 18:02:05 EST 2001

On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 11:52:41PM +0100, Kalle Svensson wrote:
> Sez Timothy Grant:
> > Hi again.
> >
> > I actually thought I had this regex thing down pretty well, but
> > I'm getting beat up by what I thought should be a simple one.

> One \ too many, it seems.  The second argument to re.sub is not a regex, so
> you don't have to escape the $.

I don't believe it is that simple.

'\\$1\\$asdfjke\\$lkjasdkjfsdasdfj'

That's why I'm a bit confused.

--
Stand Fast,
    rhacer.

Timothy Grant, RHCE <><                              MIG #1433
tjg at exceptionalminds.com                          '00 Marauder
www.exceptionalminds.com/rhacer                   Craigelachie